Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Some Of My Favorite Bible Verses

These are some of my favorite Bible verses.

Psalm 91: 9-16
If you make the Most High your dwelling-
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
for he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD,
"I will rescue him; I will protect him,
for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation.

Psalm 119: 73-
Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn your commands.
May those who fear you rejoice when they see me,
for I have put my hope in your word.
I know, O LORD, that yours laws are righteous,
and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant.
Let your compassion come to me
that I may live, for your law is my delight.
May the arrogant be put to shame for
wronging me without cause,
but I will meditate on your precepts.
May those who fear you turn to me,
those who understand your statutes.
May my heart be blameless toward
your decrees that I may not be put to shame.

Psalm 121: 3-8
He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber or sleep.
The LORD watches over you-
the LORD is your shade at your right hand:
the sun will not harm you by day.
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over our life;
the LORD will watch over your coming
and going both now and forevermore.

Psalm 127: 1-2
Unless the LORD builds the house
its builders labor in vain
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat-
for he grants sleep to those he loves.

Psalm 139
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise,
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down,
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in- behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there.
If I arise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For you created my innermost being:
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God.
How vast is the sum of them.
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.

Jeremiah 21: 15-
"Does it make you a king to have more cedar?
Did not your father have food and drink?
He did what was right and just, so all went well with him.
He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.



No comments: